What does a school counselor do?
What I do as your school counselor:
- Work with ALL students to encourage a safe school climate of trust and respect.
- Deliver classroom lessons.
- Facilitate small groups.
- Meet individually with students to do brief, solution-focused counseling.
- Help students who are struggling to make positive behavior choices.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers, support staff, and administration.
- Maintain confidentiality of students and their families unless there is a need to know or a safety concern.
- Provide education and information about students' social-emotional needs.